About the Parents’ Association
Ermysted’s has a very active Parents’ Association. We are an entirely voluntary organisation and a registered charity, formed to assist the school in fundraising and to provide additional support at school where needed. We exist to provide valuable extra funds, but also to enhance the lives of the boys’ entire school experience, both socially and culturally. It is an organisation that aims to bring together the entire school community. We warmly welcome new members to join and help us with fundraising activities. Of course, all parents and friends are invited to enjoy and support the many social events we hold.
The best way to get involved and be kept up-to-date is to ensure you’re on both Parent Pay and the PA Mailing list.
Parent Pay: Become a member through school contact email@example.com
PA Mailing list: Add your name to the PA list by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting will be at 7:00 pm on 22 February 2018 in the Sixth Form Centre. Any new or existing parents considering getting involved are welcome and very much needed. Please join us, we’d love to see you.
PA Meeting Minutes:
PA Meeting Highlights:
|Planned events||Burns Night Saturday 27th January – tickets now on sale!
Town Hall Café 24th March – please save the date and come along and support the event.
|How you can help||Helpers for the Burns Night (either set up Friday 2-4pm and Saturday 9am-12noon or on the night any time 6.30-11.30pm).
Call for chocolate and lots of home baking for the Town Hall Café.
Please email the PA on email@example.com if you can help with any of this.
|Invitation||Social get together after the next PA meeting at Alexanders 8.30pm 22nd February.|
Events for 2017/18
Our next event is:
See the school calendar for more upcoming PA events.
Annual events include:
|October||Quiz & Fish ’n’ Chips Night|
|Autumn Skipton Town Hall Café|
|Bag packing at Skipton Supermarket|
|January||Ceilidh & Burns Night Supper|
|Spring Skipton Town Hall Café|
|June||New boys Film Night & new parents Cheese & Wine Evening|
|Murder Mystery Night & Supper/Ball|
Ermysted’s 200 Club
Join Ermysted’s 200 Club for just £10 a year and be in with a chance of winning one of 7 cash prizes – £10 to £25 – per month. Please download and complete the 200 Club form to get involved. Proceeds go to providing additional equipment for school.
The Giving Machine
Before you shop online please join up to the Giving Machine! They will give cash back to the school if you shop your normal stores via the Giving Machine portal. It’s really simple to set up and even easier to shop. For full details click here or contact the PA via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parents’ Association contributions to school
Recent contributions to school made possible through various PA initiatives include:
- £100 for Certificate Presentation Folders for recent school leavers;
- £1000 for replacement laptops Learning Support;
- £365 to enable the victorious Kids’ Lit Quiz team to compete in the national final;
- £150 for a portable compact mass balance and £450 for additional microscopes and eyepiece graticules for the Biology department;
- £250 for new melting point apparatus for the Chemistry department; and
- £750 for a new cathode ray oscilloscope for the Physics department.
Prior to that, pledges of over £5000 have gone towards … new dictionaries, an iPad and E-books, the Shakespeare Festival, a music trip, KS3 pens/merit prizes, the Maths Challenge, History English Civil War Day, fieldwork equipment, history textbooks, trees/shrubs and more.
Ermysted’s PA Officers
Meet the PA team! The list is by no means complete but mentions members holding official PA posts.
There are many more dedicated members who regularly attend meetings and take on the responsibility for running, supporting or participating at various events. Thank you therefore to those unsung heroes whose names don’t appear below, but are still very much form a core part of the PA team.
Officer posts include:
- Chair – Caroline Batson
- Vice Chair – Alison Plunkett
- Secretary – Sara Jackson, Carla Blake
- Treasurer – Ruth McMeckin
- Publicity Officer – Caren Tetteroo-Smith
- Social Media Secretary – Juliet Muirhead
- Social Secretary – Lilia Bowers
- 200 Club – Jane Dixon
- Database Officer – Sarah Robson
How to find out about the Parents’ Association and our events:
- Sign up to Parent Pay and automatically receive email notifications of everything we do.
- Alternatively, send your details and questions to email@example.com
- Follow us on Twitter – Follow @EGSPAssoc and we’ll keep you up to date. We also post updates on Facebook.
- Turn up to any of our monthly meetings or events and say hello.
Thank you for your support & hope to see you soon!
Ermysted’s Parents’ Association